Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Outdoor Mall Adventure

If you are like me, you don’t really enjoy going to the mall, I don’t like the big crowds, the stress of finding parking, and waiting in lines. Despite my reservations about malls my wife and I decided to try out an outdoor mall for our date night this past week. We went to Oak Brook Center Mall out in the suburbs of Chicago.
When we got there we discovered that the mall has already put their Christmas lights up, it was a beautiful sight! The mall might not seem like a great place to take your spouse out on a date but with a little effort you can make it a great date. It’s a great opportunity to learn about your spouse, connect and have a little fun.
oakbrookmalllightsWe decided to play a game where you have to finish this sentence, “If you had the money, what would you do with…?” Then fill in the blank with different endings. I learned that my wife and I have different ideas about how our bedroom should be decorated. I took her to the store PB Teen and showed her some furniture that I thought would be functional and fit our bedroom. She didn’t agree with me on this one! We did end up coming to the conclusion that we would both like a king sized bed and we agreed on the bedding we would get for it. It was a lot of fun discussing our dreams for our future home!
I also had the opportunity to learn a little more about my wife’s childhood. My wife got really excited when we got to a store called L’Occitane. This store offers natural beauty skincare products and my wife knew all about them. I had no idea that she knew all of that information or was even into natural products. I found out that my wife and her mother used to go there a lot when she was growing up. This started a great conversation about my wife’s childhood and she told me some stories I’d never heard before.
Despite my reservations we had a great date at the mall. We took the time to make the date a more intimate and meaningful experience and I’m glad we did it!
cq5dam-web-480-342

No comments:

Post a Comment