Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

A Walk in the Park

Walking is great exercise and when you do it with your significant other it can be a lot of fun! When you take a stroll with your spouse there are so many great topics you can discuss!
Chicago has great forest preserves with many trails to walk along. According to Forest Preserves of Cook County website, there are over 300 miles of trails that are in the Chicagoland area. I went to one trail located in Palos Heights, IL. It’s only about a 30 to 40 minute drive from downtown Chicago. This trail was paved with many curves. Watch out for the cyclist and runner, usually they will announce themselves as they come up behind you by saying “on your left” or ringing their bells. Watch out for wildlife as you walk, my wife and I saw a deer on our trail.
As we walked my wife and I both decided to share five things about each other that we are grateful for. It’s nice to feel appreciated. My wife mentioned to me that she is grateful that I am able to work and support our family. I mentioned to her that I am thankful that she has been able to stay at home with our daughter and teach her lots of new words.
This activity really helped bring us closer together as a couple. We were running late and in a rush to get there but as we walked and enjoyed being in nature we were able to relax and enjoy ourselves. Get out there before winter comes!
For maps of the trails check out this link!

No comments:

Post a Comment